Location: Charlestown, NSW
Employment status: Maximum term, full time positions
Closing date: 2 April 2017
- Max term (12 months), full time position
- Support families to build their resilience, keep children safe and improve wellbeing
At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life.
Our Family Referral Service (FRS) brings together families, support services, and community resources so that our children and young people are safe and well.
About this role
As a Social Worker/Case Worker, you will the first point of contact for vulnerable children, families and communities in accessing support services. You will provide information, assess children and family needs, identify culturally appropriate supports with a whole of family focus and refer to the appropriate, accessible local services.
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging
- Ability to purchase extra leave
- Ongoing professional development inc regular formal supervision
- Friendly and supportive team
- Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What you need to succeed?
You will have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Experience in the Community Services Sector working with children and/or families
- Ability to actively engage, assess and case manage at risk families using a strengths based approach
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Be committed to engaging in the community and contributing to making a difference in the lives of the children and families accessing our services
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Apply today with your resume and cover letter outlining how you align to the role! Call Kellie on 02 4922 6560 for a confidential discussion. Email: email@example.com Closing date 2 April 2017
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner, click here for the Postion Profile
We partner with our local Aboriginal Community and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.