Location: Rosebery, NSW
Employment status: Permanent, full time position
New team - New focus! Shape the future of family intervention
At The Benevolent Society we work with our communities and the people we work with to shape their next chapter; to live their best life.
We are excited to launch an innovative new service Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare. In partnership with FaCS this service aims to shape how our sector works with families in the future.
This integrated approach incorporates theory, clinical practice and evidence based research so it’s both a clinical and case management model. Globally this technique has resulted in more ROSH families remaining together and achieving changes in family dynamics that endure over time. You can find out more here.
FaCS has selected this approach based on its international success increasing children safety and keeping more families together. It’s proven to make a real different to families within the statutory child protection system.
What will you do?
Firstly you will be fully trained in the Functional Family Therapy frameworks starting the end of May 2017 and will have access to ongoing training and support.
Using your new knowledge, you will work intensively with families to assess strengths, needs and identify goals; develop and monitor case plans aimed at improving family functioning and increasing the safety of children.
You will support clients to embed changes particularly behavioural changes and plan for potential challenges that families may face in the future. Critical to the success of the program will be documenting your activity to ensure we can measure the impact of the frameworks within the Australian market and shape future practice standards across the sector.
Our team structure
Given the innovative nature of this program there is flexibility on hours to meet yours and clients needs. We will have 2 streams for high risk and low risk families. You will be part of a small team of 4 workers and a clinical supervisor reporting to a Team Leader.
All positions are permanent based in Rosebery. We are calling for applications for the following positions
- 4 Family Worker/Therapist – high risk stream - profile here
- 4 Family Worker/Interventionist – low risk stream - profile here
Some of our benefits:
- Shape the future of family intervention
- Family friendly workplace including flexible hours
- Generous leave options including up to 6 weeks of leave
- Pool cars and novated lease vehicles available
- Tax free salary options as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI)
- Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What do you need to succeed?
You will have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, Counselling or related discipline and:
- Experience working with at risk children, young people and/or families in a child protection or counselling role
- Ability to actively engage, assess and case manage at risk families using a strengths based approach
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to data collection
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience engaging with reluctant clients
- Desire and confidence to learn new practices and immediately implement techniques with clients
Ready to be part of the change? Apply ASAP with your resume and cover letter outlining your preference of role! Call Lyn on 02 8778 0686 for a confidential discussion. Email Lyn.George@benevolent.org.au
We partner with our local Aboriginal Community and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.