Benefits our staff enjoy
We are committed to supporting our people to strike the right balance between work and personal life, and respect that family life is vital to most people’s health and happiness. We support and promote a healthy work/life balance, with many roles offering flexible hours, part-time work, job sharing, paid parental leave, family/carer’s leave and other flexible working arrangements.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our employees are able to take advantage of salary packaging to receive up to $15,900 of their salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
We recognise professional development is important to job satisfaction . We encourage employees to access a broad range of learning and development activities. In our most recent staff survey 80% of our employees agreed we are commited to ongoing training and development of staff.
What our staff say
The Benevolent Society is a great place to work. Our most recent staff survey found people who work for us believe we:
- demonstrate a strong alignment with our values and purpose
- deliver high quality services that meet the needs of clients and communities
- focus on collaborative external partnerships and opportunities
- encourage high performance and focus on achieving results
- have a strong safety culture
- provide ongoing learning and development opportunities
- have a good reputation in advocacy and supporting communities
- are innovative and responsive to community needs.
The survey also found:
- 95% of staff believe in our values
- 94% believe in our overall purpose
- 94% say they have good working relationships with co-workers
- 92% like the kind of work they do.
The Benevolent Society Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 (the Agreement) outlines the terms and conditions of employment for most employees of The Benevolent Society. The job advertisement and your contract of employment will state if you are covered by the Agreement. You can view a copy of the Agreement here.
Register your interest to volunteer
Social Leadership Australia is shaking up leadership and driving change.Find out how